Call Verrill Farm
Baked Rigatoni with San Marzano tomatoes,|
ricotta & mushrooms
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 lb. rigatoni or other short cut of pasta
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 c. diced white onions
- 10 oz. white mushrooms
- 10 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 c. chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 28 oz. can San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 28 0z. can San Marzano whole tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 8 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil pasta according to instructions.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil, add onions and red pepper and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add garlic, cook 2 minutes stirring and add tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and add salt and basil, continue to cook 5 minutes more.
- Add drained pasta to sauce. Place half of the pasta and sauce in baking pan, top with fresh mozzarella, add remaining pasta and top with ricotta cheese, 1 tsp. at a time.
- sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays