Verrill Farm Blog »
Call Verrill Farm
August at Verrill Farm
Diners enjoyed a spectacular Crop Dinner on a picture-perfect July evening with the moon rising over our fields. Thanks to all who came!
Here are a few photos »
Two more crop dinners are scheduled, August 5 & 19 - information below.
Please join us!
Saturday, August 8, 6 am
Corn Picking with Steve - Free!
- Where does your corn come from?
- Find out from Steve Verrill at this hands-on experience!
- Meet at the farm stand, go to fields & try your hand at picking! Now that's local!
- No reservations necessary. Lasts approx 1.5 hours.
Saturday, August 15, 11 am - 3 pm
Corn & Tomato Festival
- Tastings & sample dishes of summer's two favorite crops!
- $9.00 adults & $5.00 kids under 10. Includes tax.
- Additional food, entertainment & activities.
Wednesday, August 19, 6 pm
From Field to Fork - A mid-August Crop Dinner
- Enjoy a buffet dinner prepared by Verrill Farm chefs using just picked crops & served outside under our tents as the sun sets on surrounding fields.
- $48.00 pp including tax. Cash bar featuring wine & beer.
- Reservations required. Please call 978.369.4494.
For more information on our August events go here »
Wednesday, August 5, 6 pm
Culinary Guild of New England Summer Crop Dinner @ Verrill Farm
- Guild & Verrill Farm chefs will prepared a buffet showcasing just picked crops and served outside under the tents. This event is open to the public.
- $48.00 pp including tax. Cash Bar featuring wine and beer.
- Reservations required. Choose option 1 or 2.
GO to CGNE »
- Go to CGNE to make reservations using a credit card.
- Call Verrill Farm to make reservations & pay at event with cash or check made out to Culinary Guild of New England.
What's New at Verrill Farm
Saturday, July 25, 11 am - 4 pm
Iris Society of Massachusetts Plant Sale - outside under the tent.
Irises of all sizes and types for sale at low prices! Many are from members' gardens so you know they'll grow well. Come early for best selection.
Summer crops are here! Check out what we're harvesting and is available at the stand! Enjoy what's fresh now or freeze, pickle or 'put up' what you buy for flavorful meals in the months ahead. For ideas and recipes, we have a great selection of books at the stand for sale.
Save the Date - Saturday, October 3!
Planning started this week for our 10th annual Harvest Festival & Benefit for Emerson Hospital - a wonderful day of family fun including activities, entertainment, pick-your-own pumpkins and food! Proceeds go to Emerson Hospital's Pediatric Intervention Unit to create & distribute age appropriate Coping Kits to all children entering the hospital.
We are now carrying INSPIRED STONES - garden elements created by Cliff Hakim from reclaimed materials including stone, wood and iron. Choose among those on display at the stand or work with Cliff for a customized, one-of-a-kind sculpture, bench or other art form of your own.
For information and to see examples go to inspiredstones.com »
Where's the beef?
It's at Verrill Farm!
Now selling our own Concord raised, grass fed beef. No additives.
The beef is lean and available frozen in many cuts including steaks, ground, stew meat and several braising roasts.
Saturdays & Sundays from 9 - 11 am
Stop by for a Breakfast Sandwich made from scratch in the stand. Our tasty Bacon, Egg & American Cheese sandwich on an English muffin is wrapped & ready to go for only $3.95.
BBQ Dinner made with pulled pork prepared in our own smoker.
The dinner includes a pulled pork sandwich, cole slaw & beans. $8.50
Dinners are available for pick up 4:00 - 6:00 pm; they are popular and frequently sell out so we recommend ordering ahead.
Also at the Farm Stand
Verrill Farm Gifts and Flowers
- Gift cards are perfect presents for family and friends for special celebrations and events. They may be purchased in any amount and are good for all items sold at the farm, including lunch at the deli and admission to our Summer Festivals. Call and purchase one over the phone and, as a special service, we will enclose it in an appropriate greeting card and send it along to your recipient. There will be an additional charge of $2.95 for that convenience.
- For a personalized gift, create your own baskets filled with local products including maple syrup, honey, nuts and jams. If the gift is being opened immediately, consider adding baked goods or cheese from our deli. Gift baskets will always be well received by everyone on your list.
- Bouquets of fresh flowers are always available.
Back to the Top ^
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays