Verrill Farm Blog »
Call Verrill Farm
September at Verrill Farm
From dawn to dusk there's something going on at Verrill Farm!
September 6, 5 pm - approx 6 pm
Free Evening Farm Tour with Steve Verrill
Take a hay wagon tour of the farm learning close up about local agriculture - from the planning and planting to the care and harvesting of the crops grown at Verrill Farm. Bring questions for a Q & A with Steve. Tour is followed by snacks prepared in the stand kitchen from just picked crops!
September 11, 6:00 am - approx 7:00
(meet at the farm stand at 5:50)
Free Corn Picking with Steve Verrill
Meet at the stand for a hands-on farm visit! Steve will talk about this year's flavor-packed selection of corn varieties, along with other agricultural considerations, before the picking begins. Each family leaves with up to a dozen ears of PYO corn!
September 11, 11 am - 3 pm
Farm Day: BBQ, visits with 4H-ers & Apple Pie Contest
- Traditional BBQ from the farm stand smoker. Choices include pulled pork, ribs and chicken plus cole slaw, beans and Verrill Farm's famous sweet corn on the cob!
Activities - there is a small fee for these
- Farm Tours
- Visit with 4H'ers & their animals
- Live music by Boston Road Bluegrass
- Lil Folk Farm Petting Zoo
Apple Pie Contest - FREE ENTRY
- Hay rides & Giddy Up Pony rides
Apple Pie is a classic American dessert with many variations & judges from Verrill Farm & the Culinary Guild of New England love to see (and taste!) them all, so bake your favorite & see how it measures up! Winner takes home a prize & bragging rites!
11 am - 1 pm: enter your best Apple Pie (name & phone number attached)
1:30 pm: judging & winner announced
Go here for more information on September events »
Special event Hosted by Verrill Farm
9th Annual Stone Soup Dinner
Sunday, September 18: 4 pm - appetizers & drinks · 5 pm - dinner
A celebration of Concord's agricultural heritage, the annual Stone Soup Dinner is a collaborative effort of Concord farmers, restaurants & food purveyors. Guests will enjoy a mouth-watering dinner prepared by local chefs & bakers using produce donated by local farmers. Proceeds support grants to new farmers, land preservation & promotion of agriculture in Concord.
Tickets: $50 per person & must be purchased ahead at one of the following 3 locations:
Verrill Farm Debra's Natural Gourmet Concord Cheese Shop
What's New at Verrill Farm
We're growing, thanks to you!
The farm stand is being expanded to make more space for our seasonal crops & popular deli! We will be open the usual hours, 9 am - 7 pm, and holding all of the fun festivals, crop dinners, cooking classes, etc. throughout construction. We look forward to seeing you at the stand this summer!
Inspired Stones are once again available at Verrill Farm. Please stop by and meet Cliff Hakim, founder, and speak with him about the one-of-a-kind pieces he creates from reclaimed natural materials including stone, wood & iron. A selection of pieces is for sale on site; you may also talk with Cliff about a custom piece for your particular needs.
Where's the beef?
It's at Verrill Farm!
Now selling our own Concord raised, grass fed beef. No additives.
The beef is lean and available frozen in many cuts including steaks, ground, stew meat and several braising roasts.
Saturdays & Sundays from 9 - 11 am
Stop by for a Breakfast Sandwich made from scratch in the stand. Our tasty Bacon, Egg & American Cheese sandwich on an English muffin is wrapped & ready to go for only $3.95.
BBQ Dinner made with pulled pork prepared in our own smoker.
The dinner includes a pulled pork sandwich, cole slaw & beans. $8.50
Dinners are available for pick up 4:00 - 6:00 pm; they are popular and frequently sell out so we recommend ordering ahead.
Also at the Farm Stand
Verrill Farm Gifts and Flowers
- Gift cards are perfect presents for family and friends for special celebrations and events. They may be purchased in any amount and are good for all items sold at the farm, including lunch at the deli and admission to our Summer Festivals. Call and purchase one over the phone and, as a special service, we will enclose it in an appropriate greeting card and send it along to your recipient. There will be an additional charge of $2.95 for that convenience.
- For a personalized gift, create your own baskets filled with local products including maple syrup, honey, nuts and jams. If the gift is being opened immediately, consider adding baked goods or cheese from our deli. Gift baskets will always be well received by everyone on your list.
- Bouquets of fresh flowers are always available.
Back to the Top ^
OPEN DAILY — COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays